- Providing low-cost power and long-term pricing, a financial hedge against price of other fuels
- Revitalizing rural economies and providing much-needed capital investments to boost tax rolls
- Creating jobs in several sectors Including development, manufacturing, construction, operations, and maintenance
- Providing greater energy independence from imported fuels
- Supporting agriculture by providing payments to farmers and ranchers, keeping them on their land
- Using no water to make electricity, saving more than 7.8 billion gallons of water a year
- Protecting clean air and water, making environmental compliance achievable
The office, in the same report, presented data showing that the oil and gas industry in Texas received 99.6 percent of state and local incentives. Wind's competitors are still heavily, and permanently subsidized in the tax code.